Toys & Gifts
Physics & Astronomy
USE OF THIS SITE/COPYRIGHT/LEGAL INFORMATION
By your use of this website and/or your agreement to receive electronic mail you specifically acknowledge and accept the following terms and conditions.
1. Copyright Notice - Copyright © 2002 ScienceIQ.com. All rights reserved. All content, graphics, and proprietary coding on this website, and/or on our server or in our database are protected by U.S. copyright and international treaties and may not be copied, transmitted or reproduced without the express permission of ScienceIQ.com, which reserves all rights. Materials provided on this website may contain material of third parties who maintain their intellectual property interests in such material. Material provided on this website also may contain public domain information that ScienceIQ.com has compiled. ScienceIQ.com does not claim title to such public domain compilation as a collective work, and/or compilation. However, such compilation is considered to be included in ScienceIQ.com's proprietary information protected by this Notice. Use of any robot or spider, or like process or program to access any password-protected part of this website or to copy any content, pages or material on ScienceIQ.com is strictly prohibited. ScienceIQ.com materials may be copied and distributed for noncommercial purposes only, provided that any material copied remains intact and that all copies include the following notice: "Copyright © 2002 ScienceIQ.com. All rights reserved." Except as expressly provided above, nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any license to any party. If you would like information about licensing materials from ScienceIQ.com, please contact us at: licensing@ScienceIQ.com.
2. ScienceIQ.com Trademarks - Any use of ScienceIQ.com's trademarks requires ScienceIQ.com's permission.
3. Downloading Software - You may download third-party software that ScienceIQ.com references on this site, however, ScienceIQ.com does not create, endorse, or sponsor any "third-party" software. If you download any third-party software or information, you do so at your own risk. Please make yourself familiar with the terms and conditions of the use of any software or information you download from this site.
4. SCIENCEIQ.COM MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, AND ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES CONTAINED IN THIS SUBSCRIPTION AND ON THIS website FOR ANY PURPOSE. ALL SUCH INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
5. SCIENCEIQ.COM HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THE INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES CONTAINED ON THIS website, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
6. IN NO EVENT SHALL SCIENCEIQ.COM BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SUBSCRIPTION AND THIS website, WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SUBSCRIPTION AND THIS website, WITH THE PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SERVICES, OR FOR ANY INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS OBTAINED THROUGH A SUBSCRIPTION AND THIS website, OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF A SUBSCRIPTION AND THIS website, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF SCIENCEIQ.COM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES.
8. ScienceIQ.com reserves the right in its sole discretion to deny any user access to this website, any interactive service herein, or any portion of this website without notice, and the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under which this website is offered.
9. No Liability For Content - The documents and other materials published on this server could include technical and content-based inaccuracies and misrepresentations or typographical errors. Through your voluntary use of our services, you hereby acknowledge that any reliance upon any documents and materials provided by ScienceIQ.com will be at your sole risk. ScienceIQ.com reserves the right to make improvements to, or correct any errors or omissions to any documents and materials at any time without any notice at its sole discretion.
10. Use of Public Domain Material - Content of this website contains information, text, images, sound, animations and programming that ScienceIQ.com has deemed, in good faith, to be in the public domain. We will take steps to make corrections upon reasonable notice of the owner of any proprietary material at: copyright@ScienceIQ.com.
11. Links to Third Party Sites - ScienceIQ.com includes links to third-party sites. Your use and review of these links is with the express understanding and acknowledgment by you that they are not under the control of ScienceIQ.com and its owners and such parties shall not be responsible for the contents of any such links. ScienceIQ.com is providing these links for your convenience and you should not construe or assume any endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation by ScienceIQ.com and its owners.
12. Incompatibility With Computer Systems - ScienceIQ.com will not be responsible for any computer crashes or freezes, software incompatibilities, destruction of hardware or software, files or folders on any personal or business computer relating to the use of this site and including any products, services or links that a user accesses on or through this site. We have taken reasonable steps to assure that our products and services are compatible for most systems at the time of creation. We shall not be held responsible for any versions of operating systems, different and distinct operating systems, and hardware and software configurations.
13. System Down Time - ScienceIQ takes all reasonable steps to assure that our server is running, that we have adequate backup and that our daily email is delivered in a timely manner. However, conditions and events outside our control may result in our system being down and such will impact our ability to deliver timely email content and may prevent you from accessing the ScienceIQ website. In consideration for the use of ScienceIQ, nonsubscribers and guests waive any claim against ScienceIQ for the period of disability.
14. Viruses, Worms and Related Matters - ScienceIQ takes all reasonable steps and precautions to prevent the spread of viruses, worms and related malicious programs. ScienceIQ cannot guarantee that any information we provide either on our site or via email is free from any or all software viruses, worms and related damaging software and cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage which may occur due any portion of our services, whether for free or via subscription, and whether including the use of our website or email services. You are strongly advised to recheck all material with your own virus and worm protection software.
15. Arbitration - Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this contract, or the breach thereof, shall be settled by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its Commercial Dispute Resolution Procedures and Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
16. This agreement is governed by the laws of the State of California, U.S.A. By your voluntary use you hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of courts in Santa Clara County, California, U.S.A. in all disputes arising out of or relating to the subscription or use of this website. The subscription and the use of this website is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these terms and conditions, including without limitation this paragraph. You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and ScienceIQ.com as a result of this agreement. The performance of this agreement by ScienceIQ.com is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained in this agreement is in derogation of its right to comply with governmental, court and law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of the subscription or this website or information provided to or gathered with respect to such use. If any part of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect.
17. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the subscriber and ScienceIQ.com with respect to the subscription and this website and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written with respect to the subscription and this website. A printed version of this agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. Fictitious names of companies, products, people, characters and/or data mentioned herein are not intended to represent any real individual, company, product or event. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.